NarwhalDX Wi-Fi Onboard for Power Boats is a complete, turn-key, voice and data communications solution for boats of any size.
NarwhalDX combines best-of-breed communications hardware and software with our own design, integration, testing, services, and support to give you what you need in a pre-tested, pre-configured, easy-to-use, easy-to-install, plug-and-play solution.
- Consolidates multiple existing Wi-Fi networks
- Easily integrates onboard NMEA2000 data enabling your smart devices to perform navigation and communications functions simultaneously.
No more need to switch between a cellular hotspot, starlink, or satellite device’s wi-fi network and an AIS or chartplotter’s wi-fi network; Narwhal bridges all of these networks into a single on-board Navigation and Communication network for your laptops, smartphones, tablets, smart TV’s, and more!
NarwhalDX then connects the consolidated onboard Wi-Fi network to the Internet via:
- Shore-based public or marina Wi-Fi
- Two Simultaneous 4G/5G cellular networks
- One or more satellite networks
And then automatically chooses from the least-cost option available at any time. Narwhal supports any satellite network including Iridium, Inmarsat, KVH, Viasat, Aura, and of course Starlink.
All Narwhal versions includes advanced features including:
- Content filters to reduce data usage or block inappropriate websites
- Built-in VPN for secure connections to the Internet
- NMEA-to-WiFi to support your navigation apps
- Vessel tracking features your friends can follow you with
- Remote management and tech support for the entire system
Narwhal also controls which devices on your boat can use each of the Internet connections you have available
- Prevents non-critical devices from consuming expensive data
- Providing your guests with limited Wi-Fi while aboard.
Narwhal’s built-in VPN securely routes your connections back to locations in your home country — useful for gaining access to streaming video services or channels (such as YoutubeTV, DirecTV Stream, Netflix, etc) that filter content based on your location. You can even route your connections through your landside home’s Internet connection, using Home Relay, so your favorite services think you are connecting from your home. (Home Relay is optional for NarwhalSX and Included with NarwhalDX)
Public Static IP is a NarwhalVPN option that you can use to gain access to the onboard network from land or other locations, and even use services that require port forwarding to function. Something you normally cannot do with Starlink or cellular connections. (Public Static IP is an optional fee-based service)
NarwhalVPN’s advanced features allow you to combine multiple cellular and/or satellite connections (such as 5G and Starlink) together into a single seamless, always-on, reliable connection for your critical apps such as Zoom, Teams, phone calls, and other business needs.
There is no turnkey solution more powerful than Narwhal for small to medium-sized power yachts.
Below-Decks Wi-Fi, DUAL-Active 5G Cellular with Multiple SIM Card slots, Shore Wi-Fi, Home Relay, VPN, Dual-5G+Dual-Starlink Bonding, Guest Network, NMEA-to-Wi-Fi, Vessel Tracking, plus support for up to two (2) Starlink or other satellite connections and an additional backup satellite.
- Global, unlocked, any carrier DUAL-5G Cellular Modems with 4 SIM Card Slots each
- 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz Wi-Fi Extender to connect to shore-based Wi-Fi networks
- Pedestal mount and cables included
- Multi-port Network Switch
- 802.11ax Dual-Band WiFi6 Wireless Access Point
- NMEA to Wi-Fi interface
- Home Relay Included
- Support for TWO highspeed (#1 and #2) Internet connection (ie: Starlink, cable, fiber, KVH, VSAT, etc)
- Optional Support for one additional (#3) backup satellite connection (ie: Iridium, Inmarsat, etc)
- Entire system powered by 12VDC or 24VDC
- Ethernet Cable Tester included to verify mast cable integrity after install
Designed to be mounted at the highest point of the vessel for best possible range and performance
- PredictWind Datahub