The LT-3100S GMDSS Terminal from Lars Thrane A/S is the first GMDSS solution to be available for Iridium’s 100% global coverage GMDSS service. It provides, not only, the key services for GMDSS compliance – such as Distress Alert and Maritime Safety Information (MSI) – but also incorporates non-GMDSS features – non-priority voice, data and SMS – in one small form factor.
The LT-3100S GMDSS terminal is designed to exceed the requirements of the GMDSS and is an alternative to the Inmarsat C/mini-C terminals and combines voice and data capabilities with 100% global coverage. The LT-3100S GMDSS terminal consists of a control unit, handset, and an antenna unit. A single cable solution connects the control unit with the antenna unit – with cable runs up to 500 meters possible.
The LT-3100S GMDSS terminal is not only designed for GMDSS services, it also offers SSAS (via additional equipment) and LRIT functionalities. It can be used as the primary satellite communication product on vessels, covering the basic communication needs in terms of connectivity between the ship and shore, and vice versa via voice, SMS and data. With competitive airtime rates, it’s the perfect satellite communication product onboard any vessel.
- 100% Global GMDSS Coverage (Sea Areas A1 to A4)
- Distress Alert & Safety Voice
- Maritime Safety Information (MSI)
- Long Range Identification and Tracking (LRIT)
- Ship Security Alert System (SSAS), via additional equipment
- Single antenna cable solution (up to 500 m)
- Voice, SMS, SBD, and Modem Data (non-priority)
- Large 4.3″ TFT display on Control Unit
- Operational temperature range from -40⁰C to +55⁰C (-40⁰F to +131⁰F)
- External Alarm Panels
- GMDSS Printer
- Bridge Alert Management (BAM)
The LT-3100S GMDSS terminal is very easy to install; the control unit can be installed using either a bracket mount (included) or flush mount (option), and the antenna unit can be mounted using either a pole mount (1.5″ tube) or angle bracket mount (1″ to 2.5″ tube).